Before sending us a support request, please make sure you have checked out our help pages on the topic of download credits. Oftentimes, people think there is a problem just because they do not fully understand how the free daily download credits work. The biggest misunderstanding is this:
Free download credits do not accumulate: you receive free credits every day, but you need to spend all of your free credits in order to receive more the next day.
A couple more things to be aware of:
1. Community points are not the same as download credits. Please check out our help pages for more information on how these two systems interact. In brief:
- You get community points for interacting on the site, which accumulate, and which you never lose.
- You get a certain number of download credits each day, which are shown next to your profile picture in the upper right-hand corner of the site, and these go down every time you download something.
3. Your free download credits should be topped off every night around 3:00am (in other words, three hours after midnight). Make sure to set your time zone on your account settings page for this to work correctly. Note that this is not an exact time: your download credits may be topped off any time between 3:00am and 5:00am.
4. And once again: free download credits do not accumulate: you receive free credits every day, but if you do not spend your free credits every day, you will not receive more the next day. So you need to spend all of your free daily credits every day in order to receive more the next day. Please see the help page for more information.